Where: Hanna Learning Centre Upstairs Meeting Room
Cost: No Charge
Instructor: Erica Laycock, Chronic Condition Client Health Educator, Alberta Healthy Living Program, Central Zone
Diabetes – The Basics is for anyone at risk of developing diabetes or anyone diagnosed with pre-diabetes or Type 2 diabetes.
Nutrition, physical activity and stress can affect diabetes management. These workshops will help you learn about diabetes and effective strategies that help manage it.
• What diabetes is
• The importance of monitoring blood sugar and other tests
• Basic types of diabetes medications and how they work
• How foods affect blood sugar
• How to read food labels and meal plan
• Tips for travelling when you are sick
• The benefits of keeping active
• Why and how to take care of your feet
There is NO CHARGE to attend. Call 1.877.314.6997 (toll free) to register.
Back to courses